What is this course about?
Learners will be able to develop the core knowledge, skills and understanding required in the IT sector, and develop further skills by completing a range of units through a choice of these specialist pathways:-
- IT Infrastructure Technician.
- Emerging Digital Technology Practitioner.
- Application Developer.
- Data Analyst.
What you will study?
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of IT (examination)
- Unit 2 – Global Information (examination)
- Unit 6 – App Design (coursework)
- Unit 9 – Product Development (coursework)
- Unit 13 – Social Media & Digital Marketing (coursework)
What will it prepare you for?
This is a nationally recognized qualification that can provide access to the world of work or further education. You will obtain the UCAS points to help you gain entry into higher education.
It will provide learners with the opportunity through applied learning to develop the core specialist knowledge, skills and understanding required in the IT sector.
Subject entry requirements:
- GCSE grade 4 in English and mathematics.
- Preference will be given to those who achieve a merit in ICT or above at KS4.