What is this course about?
CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education is a two year vocational course designed for students who wish to explore the early years’ sector. You will study all aspects of development and child care from conception until the age of seven. This course also explores play and learning as well as child health. Students are encouraged to take up some voluntary work experience.
How you will be assessed?
Students will undertake internal and external assessment, designed to motivate learners to achieve their full potential. This will be evidenced through coursework and one controlled assessment.
What you will study?
Students will study various aspects of child care and development including: child development from conception to birth, health and safety and the role of play and methods of observing and assessing children.
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Children’s health and well-being
- Providing safe environments for children
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children’s additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
What will it prepare you for?
It provides an introduction to the child care sector and the knowledge required of child development for students considering careers within this sector. It is also a strong progression path for students wanting to access higher education.
Subject entry requirements:
- GCSE grade 4 or above in mathematics and English.
- Previous experience preferred but not essential.